Thursday, February 12, 2009

I completely stole this from Bill Simmons

There's no other way to write it. I saw this in an article he wrote on espn.com, and I'm stealing it. Watch now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_h7Lm7C9Nk

Some thoughts not stolen from Bill:

The unbelievable awesome NBA theme song from my youth is called Roundball Rock? Roundball Rock? If I had known the song that got me pumped up for all those Lakers/Celtics games was called Roundball Rock, I probably would have given up on the NBA much earlier than I did (for the record, that happened when the Lakers traded Shaq and kept Kobe).

Yanni owns John Tesh. I'll put the Acroyali/Standing in Motion medley (found here) up against anything Tesh can put together.

I think my favorite part of the John Tesh video is either the dueling violin/guitar solo in the middle, or how everyone seems to follow Tesh's lead and excitedly tosses their right hand up in the air as the song ends. I wonder if they were all told they had to do that so the big man would look less stupid.

Other Stuff:

Judd Gregg bails on Commerce before he can be confirmed. Care? Honestly, who was the last relevant Secretary of Commerce, even behind the scenes? Besides, he once voted to abolish the department. I'm surprised it took him 3 weeks to realize it might not be the gig for him.

Books I need to read:
The Skeptical Environmentalist - Bjorn Lomborg
The Yankee Years - Joe Torre and Tom Verducci
The Gamble: General David Petraeus and the American Military Adventure in Iraq - Thomas Ricks

First paycheck at the new job - tomorrow. Huzzah.

No comments:

Post a Comment