Wednesday, February 11, 2009

One Rule

I won't complain.

I can't complain.

The purpose of this little writing experiment isn't so I can feel sorry about myself and my job situation. Too many people are out of work, and too many people got booted from jobs they actually like, for me to be unhappy about having one. On the other hand, I have a feeling the job environment I find myself in is going to provide lots of fodder for mediocre to decent writing (I already have a better appreciation for Office Space after 8 days). I also need a place to get my creative on, and facebook status updates can only provide so much.

So how did I get here? After going to law school and taking a law degree, it took three years to figure out being a lawyer was not my deal. Then after a short stint as a recruiter (note: taking a job in late 2007 where making money was dependent upon large banks needing to hire people was not a wise choice), I was stuck trying to figure out what to do with myself. I came across lots of jobs that seemed interesting and I was sure I could do, but with a background that screams LAWYER LAWYER LAWYER, nothing was really working out.

Then, with the help of some family connections and a manager that was willing to meet somebody whose background didn't quite match up with the description, I found myself a job. It pays less than I would have wanted, and it's not in the city I want to live in, but it's a gig. And it's a gig with a big company that has the potential for some good stuff down the line. Because of all that, I should not and will not be complaining.

This won't just be about me and getting used to this new job. It will be about AR*d and Lost and politics and whatever else I feel like writing about. From here on out, we'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment